EE7103 Management Information System (MIS) Syllabus Electrical Engineering(EE) 7th sem RGTU/RGPV Syllabus
EE7103 Management Information System (MIS) Course Contents:
What is MIS, Decision support systems, systems approach, The systems view of business, MIS organization within the Company. Management organizational theory and the systems approach:
Development of organizational theory, Management and organizational behavior, Management information and the systems approach.
Unit-II : Information systems for decision-making:
Evolution of an information system, Basic information systems, Decision making and MIS, MIS as technique for making programmed decisions, design assisting information systems. Strategic and project planning for MIS General business planning, app ropriate MIS response, MIS planning-general, MIS planning-details
Unit-III : onceptual System Design
Define the problems, Systems objectives, Establish system constraints, Determine information needs, Determine information sources, Develop alternative conceptual designs and select one, Document the system concept, Prepare the conceptual design report.
Detailed System Design
Information and involve the organization, arm of detailed design, Project management of MIS detailed design. Identify dominant and trade off criteria define the subsystems, Sketch the detailed operating MIS systems and information flows, Determine the degree of automation of each operation, inform and involve the organization again, Inputs, Outputs and processing, early system testing, Software, Hardware and tools, propose an organization to operate the system, Document the detailed design., Revisit the manager user.
Unit-IV : Implementation, Evaluation and Maintenance of the MIS
Plan the implementation, Acquire floor space and plan space layouts organized for implementation, Develop procedures for implementation, Train the operating personnel, Computer related acquisitions, Develop forms for data collection and information dissemination, Develop the files, Test the system, Cut over, Document the system, Evaluate the MIS, Control and maintain the system.
Fundamental weaknesses, Soft spots in planning, Design problem, Implementation the TAR PITF.
- Murdick R.G., Russ J.B., Clagget J.R., Information Systems for modern management.
- Effy OZ, Management Information Systems, 3rd edition, Thomson.
- Jawadekar W.S., Management Information System.
- Brien J.A.O., Irwin, Management Information Systems, McGraw Hill.
- Dour’s G.B., Olson M.H., Management Information Systems, 2nd edition, McGraw Hill.
- Thireramp R.J., Decision Support Systems for Effective Planning and Control, PHI.
- Sadagopan S., Management Information Systems, 4th edition, Prentice-Hall of India.
- Kanter J., Managing with Information, 4th edition, Prentice-Hall of India.
- Ladon K.C., Landon, J.P., Management Information Systems, 4th edition, Prentice-Hall of India.