RGTU/RGPV CS-503 DBMS SYLLABUS cOURSE CONTENTS
Suggested list of experiments: -Lab Assignments:
1. Delete duplicate row from the table.
2. Display the alternate row from table.
3. Delete alternate row from table.
4. Update multiple rows in using single update statement.
5. Find the third highest paid and third lowest paid salary.
6. Display the 3rd, 4th, 9th rows from table.
7. Display the ename, which is start with j, k, l or m.
8. Show all employees who were hired the first half of the month.
9. Display the three record in the first row and two records in the second row and one record in the third row in a single sql statements.
10. Write a sql statements for rollback commit and save points.
11. Write a pl/sql for select, insert, update and delete statements.
12. Write a pl/sql block to delete a record. If delete operation is successful return 1 else return 0.
13. Display name, hire date of all employees using cursors.
14. Display details of first 5 highly paid employees using cursors.
15. Write a database trigger which fires if you try to insert, update, or delete after 7’o’ clock.
16. Write a data base trigger, which acts just like primary key and does not allow duplicate values.
17. Create a data base trigger, which performs the action of the on delete cascade.
18. Write a data base trigger, which should not delete from emp table if the day is Sunday.
19. In this subject the students are supposed to prepare a small database application in complete semester like financial accounting system, Railway reservation system, institute timetable management system. Student record system, library management system, hospital management system etc. in RDBMS as follows:
Section A: Solving the case studies using ER datamodel (design of the database)
Section B:Implement a miniproject for the problem taken in section A.
1. Date C J, “An Introduction To Database System”, Pearson Educations
2. Korth, Silbertz,Sudarshan, “Fundamental of Database System”, McGraw Hill
3. Rob, “ Data Base System:Design Implementation & Management”, Cengage Learninig
4. Elmasri, Navathe, “Fundamentals Of Database Systems”, Pearson Educations
5 . Atul Kahate , “ Introduction to Database Management System”, Pearson Educations
6. Oracle 9i Database Administration Fundamental-I, Volume I, Oracle Press,TMH.
7. Paneerselvam,”DataBase Management System”, PHI Learning