CS- 304 Electronics Devices & Circuits RGTU/RGPV B.E. (CS) Computer Science and Engineering Third- 3rd SEMESTER SYLLABUS
Semiconductor device, theory of P-N junction, temperature dependence and break down characteristics, junction capacitances. Zener diode, Varactor diode, PIN diode, LED, Photo diode, Transistors BJT, FET, MOSFET, types, working principal, characteristics, and region of operation, load line biasing method. Transistor as an amplifier, gain, bandwidth, frequency response, hparameters equivalent, type of amplifier.
Feedback amplifier, negative feedback, voltage-series, voltage shunt, current series and current shunt feedback, Sinusoidal oscillators, L-C (Hartley-Colpitts) oscillators, RC phase shift, Wien bridge, and Crystal oscillators. Power amplifiers, class A, class B, class A B, C amplifiers, their efficiency and power Dissipation.
Operational amplifier characteristics, slew rate, full power bandwidth, offset voltage, bias current, application ,inverting , non inverting amplifier , summer , averager , differentiator, integrator, differential amplifier , instrumentation amplifier , log and antilog amplifier , voltage to current and current to voltage converters , comparators Schmitt trigger , active filters, 555 timer and its application.
Regulated power supplies., Series and shunt regulators, current limiting circuits, Introduction to IC voltage regulators, fixed and adjustable switching regulators, SMPS ,UPS
1. Milliman Hallkias - Integrated Electronics; TMH Pub.
2. Gayakwad; OP-amp and linear Integrated Circuits; Pearson Education
3. Salivahanan; Electronic devices and circuits; TMH
4. Salivahanan; Linear Integrated Circuits; TMH-
5. Miliman Grabel; Micro electronics , TMH
6. RobertBoylestad & Nashetsky; Electronics Devices and circuit Theory; Pearson Ed.
List of Experiments (Expandable):
1. Diode and Transistor characteristics
2. Transistor Applications (Amplifier and switching)
3. OP-Amp and its Applications
4. 555 timer and its Applications