7th Semester CM 705 Environmental Engineering Syllabus RGPV / RGTU B.E. Chemical Engineering(CM) VII-7th Semester Syllabus
Unit - II Air Pollution: Sources and effect of air pollution, classification of air pollutants, emission standard of air pollution. Meteorological condition influencing air pollution, Chemical inversion, principle, working and design of control equipment for particulate emission and gaseous pollutants like cyclone separator, gravity settling chamber, multi-tray settling chamber, bag filter, scrubber, E.S.P.
Unit -III Water Pollution: Sources and effect of water pollution, water born diseases, classification of water pollutants, physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water; pollution laws and limits, effluent standards;, design of waste water and industrial effluent treatment plants (physiochemical and biological), advanced treatment methods, modern trends in sedimentation and filtration.
Unit - IV Pollution due to Solid Waste and Noise: Nature of domestic, municipal, agricultural, industrial, Hospital, Nuclear Wastes; collection, treatment and disposal of solids waste; waste recovery system, solid waste management; noise pollution, sources, noise measurement and control; noise mitigation measures.
Unit - V Case study with respect to air, water and solid waste: Fertilizer industry, refinery and petrochemical industries, pulp and paper industries, training industry, sugar and alcohol industries, alkali industries, cement and steel industries.
1. Rao C S; Environmental Pollution Control Engineering; New Age India Ltd.
2. Mahajan S P; Pollution Control in Process Industries
3. Canter Lary; Environmental Impact Assessment; TMG
4. Keily; Environmental Engineering; TMG
5. Miller GT Jr; Environmental sciences-working with earth; Cegage Pub
List of Experiments(Please Expand it):
1. To determine the BOD of a given water Sample.
2. To determine the D O of a given water Sample.
3. To determine the COD of a given water Sample.
4. To determine the ph value of a given water Sample.
5. To determine the Chlorides in a given water Sample.
6. To determine the Acidity in a given water Sample.
7. To determine the Alkalinity in a given water Sample.
8. To determine the Total Hardness in a given water Sample.
9. To determine the Turbidity of a given water Sample.
10. To determine the Aerobic Microbial colony count.
11. To determine the Total dissolve solid of a given sample.