7th Semester CM 703 Process Equipment Design Syllabus RGPV / RGTU B.E. Chemical Engineering(CM) VII-7th Semester Syllabus
Unit II Design of a new system having one or more units in series: single effect evaporation, multiple effect evaporator with boiling point elevation.
Unit III Process design calculations for mass exchange equipment plate and packed column for distribution hand adsorption including column diameter and height.
Unit IV Detailed process and mechanical design, Flash drum , Kettle reloerler, condenser, cooling tower rotary drier.
1. Perry, Robert etal; Perrys Chemical Engg. Handbook; TMH
2. Ludwig E; Applied process design in chemical petrochemical plants; Gulf publishing co.
3. Mahajani V V, Umarji SB; Process Eqipment Design; MacMillan Pub.
4. Kern D; Process Heat Transfer; TMH
5. Smith B. D; Design of equilibrium stages.
4. Coulson JM. Richardson JF; Chemical engg. Vol ;. Pergaman process
List of Experiments (Please expand it):
Each student should design a complete chemical process plant with mechanical
design details of at least three major equipments.