EC 6th sem Digital Signal Processing Syllabus EC 603 Digital Signal Processing Electronics and Communication Engineering Syllabus
RAJIV GANDHI PROUDYOGIKI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, BHOPAL
PROGRAMME: Electronics and Communication Engineering
COURSE: EC--603 Digital Signal Processing
Discrete-Time Signals, Discrete-Time Systems, Analysis of Discrete-Time Linear Time-Invariant Systems, Discrete Time systems described by Difference Equation, Implementation of Discrete-Time Systems, Signal flow Graph representation of digital network, matrix representation.
Unit - II The z-Transform: The Direct z-transform, Properties of the z-transform, Rational z-transforms, Inversion of the z-transform, analysis of Linear Time-Invariant systems in the z- domain.
Unit - III Frequency Analysis of Discrete Time Signals: Discrete Fourier series (DFS), Properties of the DFS, Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), Properties of DFT, Two dimensional DFT, Circular Convolution.
Unit - IV Efficient Computation of the DFT: FFT algorithms, decimation in time algorithm, Decimation in frequency algorithm, Decomposition for ‘N’ composite number.
Unit - V Digital filters Design Techniques: Design of IIR and FIR digital filters, Impulse invariant and bilinear transformation, windowing techniques- rectangular and other windows, Examples of FIR filters, design using Windowing.
1. A.V. Oppenheim and R. W. Schafer: Digital Signal Processing, Prentice Hall.
2. Ingle VK and Proakis John G : Digital Signal Processing A MATLab based Approach, Cengage Learning
3. L.R. Rabiner and B. Gold: Theory and Application of Digital Signal Processing, Prentice Hall
4. John. G. Proakis and Monolakis: Digital Signal Processing, Pearson Education
5. Johnny R. Johnson: Introduction to Digital Signal Processing, PHI, New Delhi.
6. Salivahanan and Vallavraj: Digital Signal Processing, Mc Graw Hill.
7. S. K. Mitra: Digital Signal Processing- A Computer based Approach, Mc Graw Hill.
8. Schilling and Harris: Fundamentals of DSP using MATLAB, Cengage Learning.
1. Generation, analysis and plots of discrete-time signals.
2. Implementation of operations on sequences (addition, multiplication, scaling, shifting, folding etc).
3. Implementation of Linear time-invariant (LTI) systems and testing them for stability and causality.
4. Computation and plot of DTFT of sequences, verification of properties of DTFT.
5. Computation and plots of z-transforms, verification of properties of z-transforms.
6. Computation and plot of DFT of sequences, verification of properties of DFT.
7. Computation and plots of linear/circular convolution of two sequences.
8. Computation of radix-2 FFT- Decimation in time and Decimation in frequency.
9. Implementation of IIR and FIR filter structures (direct, cascade, parallel etc).
10. Implementation of various window design techniques (Rectangular, Bartlett, Hann, Hamming etc).