Unit -I. Traffic Characteristics :
Unit -II. Traffic Studies :
Unit -III. Traffic Operations and Control :
(ii) One way streets- advantages and limitations.
Unit -IV. Street Lighting :
(i) Methods of light distribution.
(ii) Design of street lighting system.
(iii) Definitions- Luminaire, foot candle, Lumen, utilization and maintenance factors.
(iv) Different types of light sources used for street lighting.
(v) Fundamental factors of night vision.
Unit -V. Accident Studies & Mass Transportation :
CE 7102 TRAFFIC ENGINEERING Reference Books :-
1. Traffic Engineering and Transport Planning by L.R. Kadiyali, Khanna Publishers, Delhi
2. Traffic Engineering by Matson, W.S.Smith & F.W. Hurd
3. G.J. Pingnataro, Principles of Traffic Engineering
4. D.R.Drew, Traffic Flaw Theory
5. W.R. Mchsne and R.P. Roess "Traffic Engg"
6. Wohl & Martin, Traffic System Analysis for Engineering & Planners