RGPV / RGTUTX 504 Textile Chemistry-I Revised syllabus Textile Engineering (TX) B.E. Tx, 5th (V) Semester syllabus
B.E. (TX) Textile Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
TX 504 Textile Chemistry-I syllabus
Revised Syllabus and Scheme Effective from July 2007
Unit II Mercerising of cotton, Optical whitening agents and their use, heat setting of synthetic fibre fabrics,
Unit III Classification of different classes of dyes according to their chemical constitution and application, Brief introduction to dyeing of natural and synthetic fibre fabric with various dye classes e.g. Direct, Basic, Acid, Sulphur, Vat, Solubilised vat, Azoic, Reactive and Disperse.
Unit IV Different machines involved in the dyeing processes Dyeing of blends. Colour measurement, Fastness, properties of dyed textiles.
1. Shennai; Scoring And Bleaching -.
2. Shennai; Dyeing;
3. Tiotman; Textile Scoring & Bleaching;
4. John Shore; Cellulosic Dyeingp;
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
1. Chemical identification of textile fibres.
2. Scouring of cotton, Bleaching of cotton with hypochlorite, sodium chlorite and Hydrogen peroxide.
3. Application of direct, Vat, sulpher, reactive and napthol dyes on cotton and necessary after treatments.
4. Dyeing of compound shades and shade matching.
5. Scouring of cotton hank and fabric.
6. Bleaching of cotton hank and fabric.
7. Mercerisation of cotton fabric.
8. Dyeing of cotton by reactive dyes.
9. Dyeing of cotton by sulphur dyes.
10. Dyeing of cotton by vat dyes.
11. Dyeing of cotton by azo dyes.