RGPV / RGTU B.E. EC 504, 5th (V) Semester syllabus EC 504 Microprocessor, Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Revised syllabus Electronics and Commun
B.E. (EC) Electronics and Communication Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
EC 504 Microprocessor, Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
Unit -II Addressing Modes, Instruction set of 8086, Assembly Language Programming, Assemblers, Procedures, Macros, Interrupts, 8086 Based Multiprocessor Systems - Coprocessors (8087 NDP), Closely and Loosely Coupled Multiprocessor Systems (8089 IOP).
Unit -III Interfacing Chips- IC 8155 (Static Ram with I/O Ports and Timer), 8755 (EPROM with I/O Ports), 8251A (USART), 8255A (Programmable Peripheral Interface), 8253/8254 (Programmable Interval Timer/Counter), 8257 (DMA Controller), 8259A (Programmable Interrupt Controller).
Unit -IV Microcontrollers - Microcontroller 8051- Architecture, Pin Diagram, I/O Ports, Internal RAM and Registers, Interrupts, Addressing Modes, Memory Organization and External Addressing, Instruction Set, Assembly Language Programming, Real Time Applications of Microcontroller- Interfacing with LCD, ADC, DAC, Stepper Motor, Key Board and Sensors.
Unit -V Embedded Systems-Introduction, Classification, Processors, Hardware Units, Software Embedded into System, Applications and Products of Embedded Systems, Structural Units in Processor, Memory Devices, I/O Devices, Buses, Interfacing of Processor Memory and I/O Devices, Case Study of an Embedded System for a Smart Card.
1. B. B. Brey: The Intel Microprocessors, Architecture, Programming and Interfacing, Pearson Education.
2. Liu Gibson: Microcomputer Systems: The 8086/8088 Family- Architecture, Programming And Design , PHI
3. D. V. Hall: Microprocessors and Interfacing, TMH.
4. Mazidi and Mazidi: The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems, Pearson Education.
5. Ayala Kenneth:- The 8051 microcontroller, Third Edition, Cengage Learning
6. A. V. Deshmukh: Microcontroller (Theory and Application), TMH.
7. Raj Kamal: Embedded Systems- Architecture, Programming and Design, TMH, New Delhi.
8. V. Udayashankara and M. S. Mallikarjunaswamy: 8051 Microcontroller, TMH, New Delhi.
List of Experiments:
1. Assembly Language Programs of Microprocessor 8086,
2. Assembly Language Programs of Microcontroller 8051.
3. Assembly Language Programs for Interfacing Chips.