RGPV / RGTU B.E. CM, 4th (IV) Semester syllabus CM-401 Material Science and Technology Revised syllabus Chemical Engineering(CM)
B.E. (CM) Chemical Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
CM 401 EMaterial Science and Technology syllabus
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
Unit II Atomic Structure, Inter atomic attraction, Molecular structure, crystallanity, Solid solutions, crystal imperfections, Electronic structure and Electromagnetic properties/
Unit III Single phase metal deformation, Failure of Metals, Theories of alloying, phase relationship, iron-carbon diagram, Nomenclature of steels, utilization of cast iron, mild steel, stainless steel, lead and graphite in Chemical Engg. System.
Unit IV Theories of Corrosion and corrosion – control, stability of materials in service: Chemical, Thermal and Radiolytic stability.
Unit V Composite materials; Semiconductors, Superconductors, Surface Modifications using linings of plastics, rubber, glass, ceramics etc.
1. VAMLACK; MATERIAL SCIENCE
2. WOOLEF; VOL. 1,2,3,4.
3. Perry RH & Don WG; PERRYS CHEMICAL Engineering HAND BOOK; Mc Graw Hill.
4. Murthy; Structures and properties of Engg Materials; TMH
5. Narula; Material science; TMH
6. Vijaya; Material Science; TMH
7. O.P. Khanna; MATERIAL SCIENCE & METALLURGY; Dhanpat Rai Publication.
8. S.K. Hajra Choudhry; MATERIALS SCIENCE & PROCESSES; Indian Book Distrib Co.